Digest this: MGM in Vegas has the Green Bay Chill as +6.5 home dogs tomorrow night against the Seattle Mist a Lingerie Football League tilt. Maybe you remember we told you in the spring that Mark Rypien’s daughter would be under center for the Mist. Look, we’re big Angela Rypien fans. She’s the only offspring of a Super Bowl winning QB that’ll talk to us via email.
But this number looks too high. What makes us say that?Green Bay lost a heartbreaker to Minnesota, 28-25, in its opener.
Why Busted Coverage Is Taking Green Bay & The Points:
• Seattle must travel = road legs. Time zones.
• Coaching = Green Bay has Gilbert Brown and he doesn’t want to be 0-2.
• Remember, Seattle chicks aren’t getting paid to play. Their trip is paid for. Um, they’ll be drinking tonight.
• New QB. Again, we love Rypien but she’s a rookie on the road.
• Jitters. Green Bay got rid of theirs against Minny.
• Seattle was 0-3 last year.
• Vegas is setting a line based on the Twitter/Facebook/Google factor. Much more buzz about Seattle.
The Bet: $100 on Green Bay + 6.5
Update: Our correspondent on the ground in Vegas, @JessicaRedfield, would only put $25 on Green Bay.