Back in early 2008 there was a lawsuit filed, on behalf of Mike Bibby, by lawyers who were trying to get the NBAers Chevy Impala back from a customizing shop. The case got ugly & ended up on TMZ. The ride eventually became another pimped ride lost to a world of shady used car lots & hucksters trying to get $35,000 on eBay.
Bibby’s Impala has seen better days. But it’s still famous. Got some coke cash? Blow it here!
In the lawsuit, Bibby claims 212 Motoring told him they would pimp out his 1973 Chevy Caprice for free. Why free? Because the auto shop was trying to score a reality show tricking out old school cars — and Bibby’s was the perfect vehicle to feature on the program. 212 Motoring, which is co-owned by former NBA player Jerome Williams, claims Bibby knew the deal — nothing’s free, even noting two different estimates in the lawsuit, and with a total bill $78,000.
Details via eBay:
• 34k miles (no word if those are original)
• $24,000 Rockford Fosgate / JL Audio Custom Sound System w 3 Amplifiers – 12″ Subwoofers – JL Audio Components – Pioneer IPOD Stereo Etc
• Custom Hidden Vault System!
• 24″ MHT Cream Wheels w Pirelli Tires!
• No expense was spared building this car!!• This car was built at an expense of over $100,000!!
All yours for $35,000!
[Buy Mike Bibby's Impala - eBay]