Cuff ‘Em: Former Wrestler Turned Bank Robber, Former Sports Reporter Jacks Chips And Salsa Server, Former Broncos In Gambling Ring Bust And WVU Moron
â€œCuff â€˜Emâ€ is a daily look at whoâ€™s in trouble with the law. Itâ€™s our hope to limit this to 5 sports-related morons, but it can be modified at our discretion or if there is a sudden outbreak of superior stupidity.
- You know you’ve hit rock bottom when bank robbery becomes a passion. Jim Gaylord was an 80s wrestler who has been arrested for a couple Colorado bank robberies where he’d disguise himself for the robberies with sunglasses, a hooded sweatshirt, a band-aid over his nose and a fake beard, but didn’t think to mask his car. Nobody said fake wrestlers were very smart. Full Story.
- We stay in Colorado where a former Aspen Daily News sports reporter and part-time male model is accused of striking a chips and salsa waiter. The former reporter is 6-3, 230. It took several cantina workers to restrain the rugby player. Dude is facing felony charges. Full Story.
- We stay in Colorado where 2 former Broncos have been named as participants in an illegal gambling ring that has Mob ties. Reggie Rivers and Rod Bernstine are said to be cooperating with investigators. The bonus shot here is that Rivers is the weekend sports anchor at one of the Denver stations. Full Story.
- WVU footballer decided smoking pot was worth risking his full ride. Full Story.
- Here is a good one. High school basketball players burglarizing a residence for an XBox system. Smart. Full Story.