Cuff 'Em: That Isn't Freddie Mitchell's Dope, ULM Footballer Breaking Into Cars, Southern Disbands Band, Chris Brown Out And BG DUI
â€œCuff â€˜Emâ€ is a daily look at whoâ€™s in trouble with the law. Itâ€™s our hope to limit this to 5 sports-related morons, but it can be modified at our discretion or if there is a sudden outbreak of superior stupidity.
- Charges haven’t been filed but Freddie Mitchell was briefly cuffed this week after police say a package of pot was delivered to the former Eagles’ receiver’s business. Mistaken identity says the former on-field hook-up partner for Donovan McNabb. “This was a case of celebrity hunting,” says Freddie’s lawyer. Full Story.
- We say it week after week after week. These college athletes don’t have enough money to get them through college – even on scholarship. This University of Louisiana at Monroe football player is accused of busting into cars to steal stereo systems and speakers. Full Story.
- Prosecutors continue to investigate and prepare to indict Southern University band members over last fall’s hazing incidents. The school has disbanded the group over the serious charges. Full Story.
- Obvious: Chris Brown out of the NBA All-Star Game. Full Story.
- We don’t get very many female college basketball players with DUIs. Now we know how many games you’ll sit if you get caught drinking and driving at Bowling Green. 3 games. Full Story.