Â Eller: Cops beat me.
â€œCuff â€˜Emâ€ is a daily look at whoâ€™s in trouble with the law. Itâ€™s our hope to limit this to 5 sports-related morons, but it can be modified at our discretion or if there is a sudden outbreak of superior stupidity.
- Carl Eller, arrested back in 2008 for DWI, is fighting back against Minneapolis police whom the former NFLer says used excessive force in taking him into custody. “The officers hit Eller in the head with a service flashlight and used a chokehold, in addition to tasing him multiple times, “without any cause to believe he had committed an offense greater than a moving violation,” the lawsuit states.
- Colorado’s Dan Hawkins is pulling a Kirk Ferentz and hiring a babysitter for his football team. The coach recruits the idiots and then has to hire a guy to watch over the morons. Seems logical to us.
- The UFCer who got into a high-speed chase with police last week offers an apology. It’s really the least he could do. Thanks, Josh.
- If you are going to rip down some guys basketball hoop, make sure he’s not a cop and standing on the porch jotting down your license plate.
- It’s been pretty quiet on the frat and sorority front, but Utah State has its hands full with a dead pledge and two groups now charged in the hazing death.