FREE SH!T FRIDAY : Get Drunk And Go For Ride With Ice Road Truckers On And Off The Ice

One of the great things about having a AA-level sports blog is that PR people, marketing reps and other hanger-ons always want you to promote media for them.

So BC gets free stuff from time to time in trade for promotion. Since random contests become boring, we decided to hold onto our swag until Christmas season.

For a single day in life we feel like a truck stop skank giving away freebies.

The Swag:

DVR lost your recordings of Ice Road Truckers On And Off The Ice?

Enjoy a legitimate DVD of History Channel shows instead of downloading them illegally?

Get this DVD, sit back in your 70-degree thermostatically controlled Man Cave and watch as truckers battle the elements and hope like hell the ice doesn’t give out.

Save $12.95 on this one.

The (Simple) Rules:

In the comment section, give us a really good reason why you need this for Christmas or a Jewish holiday, or your random religion holiday.

Leave a legit email in the comment form for contact purposes.

Related Items

1. niteislander says:

my grandmother was large marge.

2. ATLnSports says:

Well, I just got canned from my job in Sports Radio, and nobody is hiring until after the Super Bowl, and since I will no longer be covering bowl games, the Super Bowl, NFL regular season, the NBA, or the NHL, I am going to need something to get me through holidays while unemployed!

3. FireMannyActa says:

I couldn't get a girl to save my life

4. Nate K says:

My aunt and uncle used to be truck drivers. They drove across the U.S. for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately my aunt got breast cancer and now works at a community college, but my uncle still drives 18 wheelers. This would be a great gift for them, because they DON'T have cable! I don't know why. I'm not even sure if they have a DVD player, so if I win I may have to get them that too. Anyways I wasn't planning on getting them a gift because I have no money, so this would be something cool for them.

-Nate K.

5. tyrusray367 says:

My slightly autistic son loves this freaking show. I cannot tell you how many times I have watched the episodes. But he knows each trucker (even the minor characters) and almost every single detail. Trucks are his thing and he's spent hundreds of hours building models of the ice road and the Diavik diamond mine. If we didn't live in a somewhat warm climate, I am positive he'd be outside building a real ice road on any frozen puddle he could find.

The fact that he would watch this DVD until I could recite lines is a small price to pay for having him calm and so thoroughly enthralled.

6. Chris says:

I'm in the gift-giving mood, and my friend absolutely loves this show. Well, I wouldn't actually give it as a gift, I would accept something in return for it.

7. sneaky pete says:

Give it to the autistic guy with a kid*!

*I was going to hell before I said that, no worries.