Cuff 'Em: Urban Meyer Shocked QB Was Arrested, Jimmy Connors Back In News, Nebraska Footballer Gets Time & Koby Clemens Charges Dropped
â€œCuff â€˜Emâ€ is a daily look at whoâ€™s in trouble with the law. Itâ€™s our hope to limit this to 5 sports-related morons, but it can be modified at our discretion or if there is a sudden outbreak of superior stupidity.
- Urban Meyer finally opens up about his backup QB being arrested last week and says he’s ‘shocked’ by Cam Newton’s alleged behavior. â€œIâ€™m as shocked as I think most everyone of you are who knows Cam,â€ Meyer said. â€œJust absolutely fell out of my chair. Crushed, surprised, but he made his bed and heâ€™s got to sleep in it.â€
- Jimmy Connors really knows how to keep his name in the papers – get arrested at a college basketball game.
- A Nebraska football player will be spending his winter vacation in a jail cell. At least he’s being allowed the chance to finish the semester before going to the pen.
- Charges against Roger Clemens’ son have been dropped. Koby was accused of assault but cleared this incident up by giving a chat to local youths about being good people, etc.
- Administrators of two Pennsylvania high schools were expecting more fireworks at rematch game this weekend after Nov. 1 game was a classic in hatred towards opposing fans. This time no one was arrested and cheerleaders didn’t have eggs and black and gold paint thrown on their bags.