|Updated:

University Of Idaho Won’t Accept Cheerleaders Showing Midriff, Pac-10 Style Uniforms Are History

idaho_cheerleader_3.png

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

The spirit squad coach has quit. The uniforms have been deemed too controversial by the Taliban-ish community powers and now the University of Idaho cheerleading team is in shambles.

Over exposing female abs.

“I push the envelope to rock the crowd … I guess Idaho is not ready for that,” (former cheer coach) Cassie Helm told the Unversity of Idaho student newspaper.

The coach said she wanted the team to take on the look of Pac-10 squads.

“We were working toward getting some uniforms that are more like those worn in the Pac-10 schools,” he said. “(We) felt that the uniforms that were being worn at the first home game were more like an NFL-type game uniform.”

The new look after the jump.

idaho_cheerleader_2.png

This look debuted at Western Michigan game.

idaho_cheerleader_1.png

idaho_cheerleader_5.png idaho_cheerleader_4.png

Required Reading:

America’s Hottest 18-Year-Old College Student

Related Items
    Comments

Comments

1. Nattyb says:

For the record, I will accept any cheerleader, at any time, in any venue. Thanks.

2. GoBlue1 says:

Couple of things I find interesting…Cassie (the former cheer leader) is a male? Second, [s]he thinks the new uniforms look like NFL? Guess there is not much coverage of the Eagles girls in Dallas. And finally (and feel free to destroy me for noticing this), Adidas tops with Nike shorts? I think Idaho is just very confused right now.

3. samantha says:

It's sad but true… for more pictures check out http://www.collegeotr.com/university_of_idaho/ida

4. […] Read more here: University Of Idaho Won’t Accept Cheerleaders Showing Midriff, Pac … […]

5. Ivan Drago says:

I guess they will never field a beach volleyball team.

6. SNS says:

Right….. if they dont want girls acting or behaving provactively at a game, then DONT have cheer leaders!!!

I've never understood the point or need for cheer leaders, other then to draw in a crowd (i.e guys). Maybe thats because im British and we dont feel the need to dress young girls up in skimpy clothes and have them dance around before a footy match *shrugs*.

We usually pay for that kinda thing!!!

This is just another example of how moronic some Americans are; first they incourage this cheer leader culture and THEN they worry about them looking to sexy!!

We're talking about young, attractive girls, dancing around, throwing their bodies in every direction infront of a crowd full of guys….

….it doent matter what a cheer leader wears, they are going to be seen as a sex symbol and guys are going to drewl over them. The ENTIRE point of a cheer leader is to add sex apeal to the game, to draw in the crowd and keep people interested.

Plus this is a "University"… arent these girls over 18… they probably wear skimpier clothes when they hang out at the mall!

Personally speaking I find both those cheer leader outfits (shown above) to be pretty raunchy…

7. Rot-Rat says:

Well keep in mind the UofI is in Mormon Country, your description of them as taliban types is right on. The northern part of the state is populated with Nazis so what do you expect. Wonder they don't have them in burkas.

8. idaho says:

NICE WAY TO PLACE AN IMAGE. U OF I = SKIMPY,SLUTTY GIRLS.
      ANYONE OVER THERE HEARD OF MORALS?

FROM THE LOOKS OF IT. THE CHEER SQUAD REALLY DOES WANT TO "ROCK" THE ENTIRE CROWD. IT'S NOT THAT IDAHO ISN'T READY FOR SKIMPY CHEERLEADERS, WE DONT ACCEPT IT. IDAHO IS BETTER THAN THAT. TRY ADDING SOME CLASS NEXT TIME.

TO THE COACH- SO QUITTING IS YOUR WAY OUT? WAY TO BE A ROLE MODEL FOR YOUR TEAM.

PS:
      THAT'S WHY I LOVE BSU. THEY DONT HAVE TO UNDRESS THE CHEER SQUAD TO GET PEOPLE TO ATTEND THE GAMES.

GO BIG BLUE

9. noybw says:

I would like to reply to these comments:

" . . . deemed too controversial by the Taliban-ish community powers . . . . "

and

"This was unacceptable to the Moscow, Idaho community. You see, women don’t have midriffs in these towns. They are to remain clothed like a Middle Eastern housewife."

First of all, do your homework before writing such ignorant crap. When I was going to school at the U of I (and playing on their vball team), a law was PASSED allowing women to walk around topless like men can. Apparently, they're not so Taliban-ish.

Second, having lived in Moscow for 7 years, I can tell you first hand that there are just as many mid-drifts and asses hanging out for all to see as there are in other parts of our country.

Personally, I'm in favor of the U of I not allowing the cheerleader's "uniforms." I think they can be sexy while still leaving SOMETHING up to the imagination – something the world is sadly drifting away from. Not to mention that cheerleaders shouldn't have to be practically naked to command the attention of the crowd and LEAD them in CHEERS. If you have to be naked to get attention, your cheers and stunts are obviously lacking. Maybe those areas ought to be addressed.

10. noybw says:

Oh and to this comment:

"Maybe thats because im British and we dont feel the need to dress young girls up in skimpy clothes and have them dance around before a footy match *shrugs*."

Apparently you've never been to England. Nakedness over there is as common as breathing. You can't go anywhere without seeing a full-frontal picture of some guy advertising a new play at a theatre or something like that. Again – do your research before posting ridiculous comments.