The Anatomy Of Sports Blogger Warfare
Leitch and his minions drink cold beer before risking limbs in blogger warfare (Not really)
1. L.A. Times publishes ridiculous story reporting that wild times in sports blogging world could come to an end. (No more cheap hookers, overnight visits to the ‘hood for blow and of course bikini photos are out.)
2. 06/23 10:30 a.m. EST: TBL clarifies quotes via Times story. Says bikinis will remain.
3. 06/23 12:35 p.m. EST: Will Leitch, defender of blogger nation, has several words for quote machine Jason McIntyre, The Big Lead editor/owner/buffed up stud.
4. 06/24 12:55 p.m. EST: Matt Ufford blasts back via this post at Kissing Suzy Kolber titled “Jason McIntyre, Tell Me How My Ass Tastes.”
5. 06/24 1:08 p.m. EST: Dan Shanoff piles on The Big Lead, saying, “Jason McIntyre doesn’t speak for me. Thank god.”
6. 06/24 1:05 p.m. EST: Dave Lozo calls Leitch’s response a “piece of shit,” continuing that “his rant against McIntyre was a shining beacon of stupidity.” As a bonus, you can read Lozo’s recent post on how he would change and return Deadspin to its glory.
7. 06/25 12:07 a.m. EST: Stop Mike Lupica files a report and says “Young William got schooled by Lozo.”
Damn, it appears there might be some hard feelings come December for the 2nd Annual Sports Blogger Of The Year Tournament. Meanwhile, we’ll be avoiding any advice to limit the number of hot chicks. Instead, we’re going the opposite way and adding even more.
Our take on this matter: Too many people need to have a beer and stop giving a shit about all of this nonsense. Post your Erin Andrews’ photos, drunk athlete pics and in the process make a little money . Isn’t that what we’re all here for anyway?